Saturday, January 17, 2009

Five years ago when I fell for Steve..


Jan. 16th 2004- Happy 5 years of being married!
Its funny how fast 5 years can go by.. I remember the thought of being married for 5 years seemed like such a long time. Right before we got married, five years ago, Steve pretty much went hunting everyday of his life and all I did was focus on how to have fun while he was gone hunting. Our first date we were sitting in his brand new, black, Ford truck and not surprisingly I spilled my Oreo milkshake down right between the seat and the consul. He quietly cleaned it all up for me and here we are five years later.
I just knew that God had set him aside for me. It must have been how good Steve looks in a great pair of wranglers and a white t-shirt or maybe it was that rugged manliness I just love. (And I know deep down you all like wranglers) There was somthing so simple about him that I fell for.. he would sing old western songs in the pick-up driving to the lake, a good meal really is a way to his heart, and he always wanted a family to go fishing with. The way he thinks reminds of the "Cowboy way of Life." He holds tight to.. God, his family, his values and a good cup of black coffee. He knows who he is and he knows who God is. And he has always believed that God has something Great planned for him. And he would be the first person to take a stranger fishing cause that is his favorite way to share Christ.. while fishing.
I love ya Steve!

4 comments:

jennifer lee said...

love the picture...love the post...love you guys! we are so blessed to have spent that day with you 5 years ago, to have gone on vacations with you, and to know we have many more memories to make in the future! And a good number of them include fishing:)

JB said...

what a good wife..i luv your words about your life with steve...you two are a beautiful example of God's goodness!

*kk* said...

thanks JL and JB:) You guys are the best! And JL cascade is almost ready for the next friends trip!

Jessica said...

How fast time goes, doesn't it? I love how you bless each other and all who are around you. (and I love Wrangler butts too! shhh! ) :) Love you!